Friday, August 26, 2005

workplace.gov.au - Survey of New Disability Support Pension Customers - Executive Summary

workplace.gov.au - Survey of New Disability Support Pension Customers - Executive Summary: "Participants who were not currently working but with future work intentions or the potential to work in the future were asked a question regarding factors that they would consider before accepting an appropriate position. The three most common factors identified by the 418 respondents were:

* location or distance from home
* pay or salary
* employer flexibility (includes flexibility in relation to hours and days worked as well as work-from-home options).


Participants were also asked about the advantages and disadvantages of working. The most common advantages identified were:

* more money/income
* improve self confidence/self esteem/state of mind
* social contact.

The most common disadvantage of working identified by both groups was that of potential problems with physical and/or mental health."
Comment
This report confirms the truth behind what people with disabilities have been saying for years. We want to work, but we don't want to be forced to do it in a way that jeopardises our health, our psyche and our families. Does that make us bludgers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mARV, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on home base business when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for home base business. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about home base business at the site above.

Anonymous said...

Hi mARV, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on work at home choices when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for work at home choices. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about work at home choices at the site above.