Thursday, May 19, 2005

"Disability Outsourcing Will Stress the System" - NOT

Australian Democrats : Australian Democrats Press Releases: "Disability Outsourcing Will Stress the System"

The Democrats are opposing the changes, but I believe they are going the wrong way. Here's my e-mail to their Disability Spokesman

Dear Senator Greig,

First let me congratulate the Australian Democrats for their support for disabled people in Australia. I invite you to support my campaign and petition, as well as reading my open letter to John Howard.

I have attached a press release which may be of interest.

But first, I refer to your article at http://www.democrats.org.au/news/index.htm?press_id=4588&display=1

I believe you are misinformed about this outsourcing. It is already happening and I work for one of the successful tenderers. Our customer satisfaction ratings are excellent. It is definitely an improvement on the "old days" of "the Government Doctor". I believe the Democrats are making a serious error in judgement in attacking this part of the proposed reforms, which if the proposed "case management" aspects are implemented, will radically improve the support and services for people with disabilities. I would be happy to meet with you to discuss this further. There is so much we need to work on together to oppose these horrific changes.

I invite you to join me in positive action

Ken Davis
Occupational Therapist
Person with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Work Capacity Assessor
-------------------------

No comments: